For a great number of couples, getting married highlights two very important milestones in the lives of 2 individuals – the first being a sign of finally moving away from the family you were born to and grew up with and the second being a moment of building an entirely new and different life with someone outside your family of orientation. I know how stressful it is to tread in unknown waters. But I also know that this is something that my husband and I have to work together to make it work.
One of the first few things couples have to decide on is whether to buy or rent a house and whether it will be an apartment or a townhouse. I know this can be quite daunting for couples who may have varying opinions. But that is what they really have to work out. Good thing my husband and I have the same views about home ownership that buying a townhouse was quite easy. I am not a property guru but I can share with you some tips on buying a new townhouse if you are just newly married. Alternatively, you can also check out Chilli Realty Facebook posts as they do provide excellent tips in buying any kind of property. They also post updates on available property.
Anyway, here are the tips I can share with all newly-weds out there looking to buy a new townhouse.
• Always work as a couple. This means that you have to settle your differences in opinions first before you can set out on the direction of your buying activity. As much as possible, wives should not just be overly dependent on their husbands to make the decision. Remember, both of you and the kids you will raise will live in this townhouse. So, it is best if both of you are walking in the same direction, wholeheartedly. This is the key.
• Determine the different things that you are looking for in a townhouse. How many bedrooms? Do you require a sufficiently-sized front lawn? How about the backyard? Do you need a townhouse that has a view and if so, what view would you like to see? Do you prefer to have a body of water greet you in the morning? These are very basic, I know. However, the smallest things are often the reasons why big problems occur. So, you really
• Determine your budget and the mode of payment you will be taking. Will you be paying cash or will you be getting a mortgage? Both have their pros and cons so you really have to discuss this as a couple. Paying cash is absolutely the best, that is, if you have the money. Otherwise, you have to determine the type of mortgage that you will be taking. Also consider your budget for the monthly mortgage. Don’t forget to factor in repair and maintenance costs although if you are buying brand new then this will be a very remote issue. But, it is always better to be prepared. Emergencies do happen.
• Choose a reputable real estate agency as they have a collection of different properties from different developers and companies. This gives you the widest selection of townhouses that best fits your budget and your personal preferences. I would strongly recommend Chilli Realty because their real estate agents are truly helpful right from day 1 of the selection and buying process. But, of course, that is just talking from personal experience.
• Make sure to discuss with your real estate agent all the things that you are looking for in a townhouse as well as the budget that you are working with. This will help them narrow down the choices for you. I would advise that you select at least three properties that you are interested in.
• Make sure to pay these properties a visit and carefully inspect every nook and cranny. If you can get a property inspector to evaluate it for you, then that is better.
Once you have decided on which townhouse to buy, then run through the paperwork. Make sure that everything is legal. This is one of the reasons why you need to get the services of a reputable real estate agency as they can always guarantee you that everything is in order.
I hope you were able to pick up some helpful information from this blog of mine. Should you want to read more of my stories, just click here. I would be more than glad to satisfy your mind more interesting topics.